Understanding The NHS Position – FP’s View in Bite Size 2
Part 2: Addressing Public concerns
- There has been a huge spending
boost: £57bn, 2002/03 to £108bn by 2012/13, but with minimal improvement in
- There is growing Public concern
on overcrowding, infection rates, decline in quality of care, poor co-ordination
NHS : social services.
- Gammon’s Law: “In a bureaucratic
system, increased expenditure is only matched by a fall in production.”
- There is little evidence that
increased funding alone (while popular) will bring about the deep changes required.
- A balanced approach is required:
“Targeted investment : hospital reconfiguration : more with less, but differently”.
Tagged by topic: NHS
, Public Sector Procurement